The Summary: New life in Christ ushers in a new reality for believers. First, it transforms them by the resurrection power of Christ, and then the Spirit seeks to transform their heart’s gaze in their daily life…turning eyes from the temporal to the eternal, from the glitzy to the glorious. When a follower of Christ “gets” that their true and real life is found in the fullness of Christ, their joys and affections will be transformed…and they’ll begin to live the new, real, lasting life Christ died to give them.
Teacher: Pastor Erik
QUESTIONS FOR THE CAR RIDE HOME
- Summarize the sermon in a sentence or two.
- What are some ways our world tries to convince us that true life is found in things here on earth?
- What are some ways you can “seek the things that are above” throughout your daily life? (Optional: How can we figure out where our life is “hidden” as v3 mentions that our true life is hidden with Christ in God.)
- 3:1 starts… “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above.” If Christ-followers are people who’ve been raised from the dead because of what Jesus has done…how would/should that change how they see daily life?
- Walking is simple. Walking with Jesus isn’t always. What are some simple ways that could help you take simple steps toward Jesus every day?